“Bank of Zhengzhou” Cup 2019 ZHENGZHOU INTERNATIONAL MARATHON RULES & REGULATIONS
“Bank of Zhengzhou” Cup 2019 ZHENGZHOU INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
RULES & REGULATIONS
Henan Provincial Sports Bureau
Zhengzhou Municipal People's Government
ZHENGZHOU MEDIA GROUP
III. Guidance Unit
Henan Provincial Track and Field Sports Administration
Zhengzhou Zhengma Sports & Culture Communication Co., Ltd
Henan Zhongji Sports & Culture Communication Co., Ltd
V. Date & Location
7:30 a.m. 13 October 2019 (Sunday) Zhengzhou, China
1. Marathon (42.195KM): Men's and Women's
2. Half Marathon (21.0975KM): Men's and Women's
3. Health Run (about 5KM): mixed gender
4. Family Run (about 5KM): mixed gender
VII. About Competition
1. The event is conducted in accordance with the latest Rules and Regulations certified by the CAA (Chinese Athletic Association) and Rules and Regulations made by the LOC (Local Organizing Committee);
2. Roll-call: All runners shall be ready in different designated areas one hour before race starts. Elite runners are required to present original copies of passports/ Identity credentials;
3. Start Order: Runners shall be ready according to the order: Elites runners, amateur runners (areas are distributed by history results) -- half marathon runners -- health run runners, family run runners, with 20 meters between each category;
4. Cut-off Times
To ensure security and smooth of the race, different road sections would be blocked according to different cut-off times, and would be recovered after each cut-off times. Late runners must quit the race immediately to avoid danger. Aid buses are accessible to the FINISH.
Cut-off time is as the following:
* Health Run and Family Run will be closing in one hour after race starts.
5. Timing Method
(1) The LOC will offer disposable chips for all marathon and half-marathon runners.
(2) “One-gun Start” is adopted for all categories.
(3) For marathon and half Marathon: electronic timing system is applied for recording results. Each runner is required to wear a disposable chip provided by the LOC. At the START, FINISH, turning point, and each 5KM point, there is one reacting carpet placed for timing recording, and runners must pass over them one by one. Any missing record would cause null. Except the starting point, any deviation at any two points are sub 0.1 second, related achievements will also be canceled.
(4) NO chips arrest provided to Health run and Family run participants.
6. Deposit Service of Bags
Participants could deposit bags in the areas categorized by bib number divisions (only for marathon and half marathon runners). Runners please get back personal bags at the designated cloakroom after finishing the race. Please do not leave anything valuable or important in bags, such as cellphones, identity cards, cash, keys, credit cards, digital products, etc. All economic responsibilities will be hold by participants themselves. On race day, the service will be closed at 15 minutes before race stars. Half marathon runners should get back bags before 11:30, and marathon runners should get back before 14:30 on race day. In case of delayed collection, please contacting the LOC. However, for those belongings not recollected within 3 days after race, LOC will dispose them as unclaimed items.
7. Beverage, Water & Refreshment Station
(1) A beverage station will be set at each 5 KM from the START, and there will be
a water station between each beverage stations.
(2) For half marathon, refreshment stations will be set at 17.5KM. For marathon,
stations will be set at 22.5 KM, 27.5 KM, 32.5 KM, 35 KM, 37.5 KM.
8. Please refer to more instructions in booklet of Runner’s Guide, which would
be distributed when collecting race bags.)
9. Doping tests will be conducted as related regulations.
1. Age Category
a) Marathon: above 20 (born before Dec.31,1999)
b) Half Marathon: above 16 (born before Dec.31, 2003)
c) Health run: above 13 (born before Dec. 31, 2006)
d) Family run: every Family run group limited 3 people and one of member need to under 13 (born after Jan.1, 2007) and at least a guardian
e) Note: A minor under 18 may enter for the competition only after his guardian or legal representative has signed the Declaration of Participation which are required to submit during on-site race bag pick-up.
2. Health Requirement
Marathon race is a competitive sport of great strength, long distance and also high risks. High requirements on health conditions are needed. Participants should be physically healthy and often conduct running practice or training. Appropriate race category shall be chosen according to health conditions. Those who fall into following categories are advised NOT to participate:
(1) Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease;
(2) Hypertension and cranial vascular disease;
(3) Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
(4) Serious coronary artery disease and serious arrhythmia;
(5) Hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia diabetes melitus;
(6) Influenza two weeks before race day;
(8) Conditions with other diseases not suitable for sports
3. About Registration
(1) Marathon: 7,000 participants
Half Marathon: 8,000 participants
Health Run: 9,500 participants
Family Run: 1500 participants
Total: 26,000 participants
(2) a. For Marathon & Half Marathon:
Pre-registration will be open at the 9th July 10:00—9th AUG 17:00 (subject LOC notices). Please register online at official website (www.zhengzhou42195.com). The LOC may decide the acceptance list by drawing if registration applicants are exceeded.
b. For Health Run and Family Run:
Pre-registration will be open at the 9th July 10:00 (subject LOC notices). Participants can register online at official website (www.zhengzhou42195.com). Registration closes once the limit is reached.
(3) If you have registered successfully, the race category shall not be changed. Payment would not be refunded even if you abandon the participation.
(4) Chinese local runners (excluding those from Hongkong, Macau, and Taiwan) must use ID cards (2nd edition), military persons can use military officer cards and soldier cards.
4. Registration fee (unit: RMB)
a) Overseas registration: 350RMB/person for marathon/half marathon/health run;
b) Domestic registration (including Hong Kong, Macau and Chinese Taiwan): 120RMB/person for marathon, 100RMB/person for half marathon, and 60RMB/person for health run and family run.
5. Payment Channel (please review Registration Guidelines)
6. About Race Item
a. Participants must go to the designated place within the specified time to collect race items such as number bibs, timing chips, and Participation Guide, etc. Please refer to Participation Guidelines for collection for more details.
b. The LOC has the right to refuse distributing race items and refunding the
registration fees to those unqualified for registration requirements.
IX. Ranks and Prizes
1. Rank Prize (unit: RMB)
Top eight men’s and women’s winners will be ranked and awarded, and all results are subject to gun time.
Note: Each of Top three winners would be awarded a trophy, a medal, and a set of sports suit.
2. Prize for Chinese Domestic Runners (unit: RMB)
In addition to the rank prize, there is a prize for Chinese domestic runners. They will be especially ranked according to their net time results. Top thirty men and women will receive the following prizes respectively.
3. Prize for Henan Citizens (unit: RMB)
Henan runners are ranked according to net time results exclusively. Top twenty men and women would receive the following prizes respectively.
Runners who have won this award must obtain Henan domicile before race registration deadline (either the ID number begins with 41, or the residence address shown on ID card is in Henan Province). The following runners are excluded: elite athletes invited by LOC, registered athletes of the Chinese Athletics Association, and professional athletes.
4. Prize for Marathon Age Groups (unit: RMB)
The LOC set up a ranking prize for Chinese marathon runners of all ages, each with a prize of RMB500. Ranks are listed according to net time results. Top 10 runners will be awarded in each age group, with rank list being published on the official website within three days after the race.
The age groups are set as following: (unit: years old)
60 and above
5. The above awards are awarded on the basis of the highest bonus received, no accumulation.
6. Medals and bath towels will be issued to the finishers within cut-off time. After the race, you may log in the official website to inquire about results and print out Result Certificates.
B. Half Marathon
Rank Prize (unit: RMB)
Top 20 men’s and women’s winners will be ranked and awarded, according to their
net time results.
Note: Each of Top three winners would be awarded a trophy, a medal, and a set of sports suit.
C. No cash will be distributed on site. The list of winners will be posted on the official website for one week. If there is no doubt, prize fees will be transferred into each winner’s personal bank account. The winner's rank will be cancelled if he/she fails to pass doping tests, and the following ranks would not substitute. In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Chinese tax law, 20% of the prize fees will be charged as personal income tax.
D. The official announcement of the winning list is only valid for 15 days. Those who
fail to take the prize will be treated as abandon. Contact number: 0371-63311730.
E. Health Run
No rank is listed. All participants will receive Certificate of Participation.
F. All marathon, half-marathon and health runners will receive T-shirts, goody bags,
numbered bibs, and booklets of Participation Guidelines.
X. Medical Aids
1. Along the course, medical aid spots are set up at each 2.5KM, before which there is one distinct sign boards placed 50M ahead. Ambulances will follow runners all the route.
2. At each 100 meters of the course, volunteers are assigned to assist in medical aids and maintain race order. Runners please seek help from them if needed.
During the race date, each participant and each working staff is covered by the LOC with service of Personal Accident Insurance.
Video surveillance will be carried out by the LOC (Local Organizing Committee) at the START, the split points, and the FINISH. Runners conducting the following violations would have their competition scores canceled, not allowed to participate in Zhengzhou International Marathon in the next 2 years, or even the whole life. And this would be reported to CAA (Chinese Athletic Association) for additional penalties.
1. Enrolled with false age or run as imposter;
2. One runner carries timing chip of others or one runner carries over two timing
chips in the race;
3. Run in relay way;
4. Fail to follow the starting order, without starting at designated area;
5. Fail to start in stipulated time，starting beforehand;
6. Continue to run after cut-off time; join to jump onto the course road again after
dropping out of the race;
7. Fail to follow the stipulated route even if finishing the race; cut cross or insert on midway by taking traffic tools;
8. Violate rules by passing the FINISH repeatedly to collect race souvenirs;
9. Go and collect race souvenirs without finishing the race;
10. Pass the FINISH without carrying each own number bibs;
11. Secretly forge number bibs, and several runners run alternately by carrying same number bibs;
12. Not subjected to the commanding of working staff, gathering crowd to make trouble, or get into fight;
13. Entry the race by fake person info, or transfer number bibs to others: Runners have to bear this bad result; and the LOC would verify and cancel race's entry right for whole life of Zhengzhou International Marathon, aiming at those who involved in the situation;
14. Please strictly comply with Violate the rule issued by CAA: The Rule of Strengthening Sportsmanship and Discipline of Chinese Domestic Marathons and Related Sports Events.
XIII. Technical Officers and Referees
Technical Officers and Referees would be assigned by the CAA and the LOC.
Post Code: 450000
XV. Issues not covered here shall be notified later. The LOC reserves all explanation