2018 ZHENGZHOU INTERNATIONAL MARATHON RULES & REGULATIONS
Zhengzhou Municipal People's Government
Zhengzhou Media Group
Zhengzhou Zhengma Sports & Culture Communication Co., Ltd
IV. Date & Location
8:00 a.m., 3 November 2018 (Saturday) Zhengzhou, China
1. Marathon (Men's and Women's): 42.195KM
2. Half Marathon (Men's and Women's): 21.0975KM
3. Health Run (Men's and Women's): about 5KM
START: Lvcheng Square
FINISH: west gate of ZZICEC
Run Across: Zhongyuan District, Erqi District, Guancheng District, Jinshui District, and the New Zhengdong District.
VII. About Competition
1. The event is conducted in accordance with the latest Rules and Regulations certified by the CAA (Chinese Athletic Association) and Rules and Regulations made by the LOC ( Local Organizing Committee);
2. Roll-call: All runners shall be ready in different designated areas. Elite runners are required to present original copies of passports;
3. Start Order: Runners shall be ready according to the order: marathon elites --marathon amateur runners (areas are distributed by history results) -- half marathon runners, --health run runners, with 20 meters between each two categories;
4. Cut-off distances and Time
To ensure security and smooth of the race, different road sections would be blocked according to different cut-off time. Late runners must quit the race immediately to avoid danger. Aid buses are accessible to the FINISH.
Cut-off time is as the following:
Health Run will be closing in an hour after the Starting.
5. Timing Method
(1) The LOC will offer disposable chips for all marathon and half-marathon runners.
(2) “One-gun Start” is adopted for all categories.
(3) For marathon and half Marathon: electronic timing system is applied for recording results. Each runner is required to wear a disposable chip provided by the LOC.At the START, FINISH, turning point, and each 5KM point, there is one reacting carpet placed for timing recording, and runners must pass over them one by one. Any missing record would cause null. Except the starting point,any deviation at any two points aresub 0.1 second, related achievements will also be canceled.
(4) NO chips arrest provided to Health run participants.
6. Cloakroom Service
Participants could use cloakrooms categorized by bibs (only for marathon and half marathon runners). Marathon runners may get back their personal belongings at the designated cloakroomafter finishing the race. Please do not leave anything valuable or important in your bag, such as cellphones, identity cards, cash, keys, credit cards, digital product, etc. All economic responsibilities will be hold by participants themselves. On race day, the cloakroom service will be closed at 15 minutes before Starting. Half marathon runners should take back personal belongings before 12:00, and marathon runners should take things back before 15:00 on race day. If passed that time, please fetch them by contacting the LOC. However, for those belongings not recollected within 3 days after race, LOC will dispose them as unclaimed items.
7. Beverage, Water, & Refreshment Station
(1) A beverage station will be set at each 5 KM from the START, and there will be
a water station between each beverage stations.
(2) For half marathon, refreshment stations will be set at 17.5KM. For
marathon, stations will be set at 22.5 KM, 27.5 KM, 32.5 KM, 35 KM, 37.5 KM.
8. Please refer to more instructions inbooklet of Runner’s Guide, which would
be distributed when you come to collect your race bags.)
9. Doping tests will be ongoing as related regulations.
1. Age Category
a)Marathon: above 20 (born before Dec.31,1998)
b) Half Marathon:above 16 (born before Dec.31, 2002)
c) Mini Marathon: No age limits, but when registration, minors under 13 (born after Jan.1,,2006 must be accompanied by guardians, at least one parent)
d) Note: A minor under 18 may enter for the competition only after his guardian or legal representative has signed the Declaration of Participationwhich are required to submit during on-site race bag pick-up.
2. Health Requirements
Marathon race is a competitive sport of great strength, long distance and also high risks. High requirements on health conditions are needed.Participantsshould be physically healthy and often conduct running practice or training. Appropriate race category shall be chosen according to health conditions. Those who fall into following categories are advised NOT to participate:
(1) Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease;
(2) Hypertension and cranial vascular disease;
(3) Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
(4) Serious coronary artery disease and serious arrhythmia;
(5) Hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia diabetes melitus;
(6) Influenza two weeks before race day;
(8) Conditions with other diseases not suitable for sports
3. About Registrations
a) Marathon: 6,000 participants
Half Marathon: 6,000 participants
Health Run: 10,000 participants
Total: 22,000 participants
b) b.1) For Marathon & Half Marathon:
From 10:00 of 13 September to 18:00 of 22 September 2018. Entry closes once the limit is reached. Please register online at official website (www.zhengzhou42195.com). The LOC may deside accept list by drawing if registration applicants are exceeded. (For more detailed information please refer to Registration handbook.)
b.2) For Health run:
The registration starts from 10:00 13, September. Participants can register online
at official website (www.zhengzhou42195.com). Registration closes once the limit
c) If you have registered successfully, the race category shall not be changed. Payment would not be refunded even if you abandon the participation.
d) Chinese local runners (excluding those from Hongkong, Macau, and Taiwan) must use the ID card (2ndedition), military persons can use military officer cards and soldier cards.
4. All individuals / running groups shall manage their own meals and accommodation.
5. Registration fees(unit: RMB)
a) Overseas registration: 350RMB/person for marathon/half marathon/health run;
b)Domestic registration (including Hongkong, Macau and Chinese Taiwan): 120RMB/person for marathon, 100RMB/person for half marathon, and 60RMB/person for health run.
6. Payment Channels (please review Registration Guidelines)
7. About Race Items
a. Competitors must go to the designated place within the specified time to collect race items such as the number bibs, timing chips, and "Competition Guide" according to the announcement on Zhengzhou International Marathon website three days before the race. Please refer to Participation Guidelines for collection for more details.
b. The LOC has the right to refuse distributing race items and refunding the registration fees to those who are not qualified for registration requirements.
IX. Ranks and Prizes
1. Rank Prize (unit: RMB)
Top eight men’s and women’s winners will be ranked and awarded, and all results are subject to gun time.
Note: Each of Top three winners would be awarded a trophy, a medal, and a set of sports suit.
2. Prize for Chinese Domestic Runners (unit: RMB)
In addition to the rank prize, there is a prize for Chinese athletes. Chinese domestic runners will be especially ranked according to their net time results. Top thirtymen and women will receive the following bonuses respectively.
3. Prize for Henan Citizens (unit:RMB)
Henan athletes are ranked according to their net time results exclusively. Top twenty men and women would receive the following bonuses respectively.
Competitors who have won the Henan Athletes Award must obtain Henan domicile before the deadline of the registration (either the ID number begins with 41, or the residence address shown on ID card is in Henan Province). The following runners are excluded: elite athletes, registered athletes of the Chinese Association, and professional athletes.
4. Prize for Marathon Age Groups (unit: RMB)
The LOC set up a ranking prize for Chinese marathon runners of all ages, each with a prize of RMB500. Ranks are listed according to their net time results. The winners of each age group will be published the official website within three days after the competition.
The age groups are set as following: (unit: years old)
60 and above
5. The above-mentioned prizes (except record-breaking awards) are awarded only on the basis of the highest prize. There’s no cumulative award.
6. Medals and bath towels will be issued to the runners who have completed the race within cut-off time. After the race, you may log in the official website to inquire about results and print out Result Certificates.
B. Half Marathon
Rank Prize (unit: RMB)
Top 20 men’s and women’s winners will be ranked and awarded, according to their net time results.
Note: Each of Top three winners would be awarded a trophy, a medal, and a set of sports suit.
C.No cash will be distributed on site. The list of winners will be posted on the official website for one week. If there is no doubt, prize fees will be transferred into personal bank accounts. The winner's rank will be cancelled if he/she fails to pass doping tests, and the following ranks would not substitude. Winners with Chinese nationality would receive the same amount in RMB currency, as the above reward. In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Chinese tax law, 20% of the prize fees will be charged as personal income tax.
D. The official announcement of the winning list is only valid for 15 days. Those who
fail to take the prize will be treated as abandon. Contact number: 0371-63381730.
E. Health run
No rank listed.. All participants will receiveCertificate of Participation.
F. All marathon, half-marathon and health runners will receive T-shirts, race bags,
numbered bibs, and booklets of Participation Guidelines.
X. Medical Aids
1. Along the route, medical aid spots are set up at each 2.5KM, before which there is one distinct sign boards placed 50M ahead. Ambulances will follow runners all the route.
2. At each 100 meters of the course, volunteers are assigned to assist in medical aids and maintain race order. Runners please seek help from them in case needed.
During the race date, each participant and each working staff is covered by the LOC with service of Personal Accident Insurance.
Video surveillance will be carried out by the LOC (Local Organizing Committee) at the START, the split points, and the FINISH. Runners conducting the following violations would have their competition scores canceled, not allowed to participate in Zhengzhou International Marathon in the next 2 years, or even the whole life. And this would be reported to CAA (Chinese Athletic Association) for additional penalties.
1. Enrolled with false age or run as imposter;
2. One runner carries timing chip of others or one runner carries over two timing
chips in the race;
3. Run in relay way;
4. Fail to follow the starting order, without starting at designated area;
5. Fail to start in stipulated time，starting beforehand;
6. Continue to run after cut-off time; join to jump onto the course road again after
dropping out of the race;
7. Fail to follow the stipulated route even if finishing the race; cut cross or insert on midway by taking traffic tools;
8. Violate rules by passing the FINISH repeatedly to collect race souvenirs;
9. Go and collect race souvenirs without finishing the race;
10. Pass the FINISH without carrying each own number bibs;
11. Secretly forge number bibs, and several runners run alternately by carrying
same number bibs;
12.Not subjected to the commanding of working staff , gathering crowd to make
trouble,or get into fight;
13. Entry the race by fake person info, or transfer number bibs to others: Runners
have to bear this bad result; and the LOC would verify and cancel race's entry
right for whole life, aiming at those who involved in the situation;
14. Please strictly comply with Violate the rule issued by CAA: The Rule of Strengthening Sportsmanship and Discipline of Chinese Domestic Marathons and Related Sports Events.
XIII. Technical Officers and Referees
Technical Officers and Referees would be assigned by the CAA and the LOC.
XIV. Contact US
Address: R9017 of Hotel M, 80 West Longhai Rd, Zhongyuan District,
Zhengzhou, P.R.C. Post code: 450000
Tel: (00)86-400-1111-042 / 0086-(0)371-63381730
XV. Issues not covered here shall notified later. The LOC reserves all explanation